You must report to your manager:
- if you are suffering from the any ailments such as Vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Including, If you are absent from work due to ailments which can impact food safety.
- Anyone living in your house is suffering from ailments as above.
- If you are suffering from particular ailments such as vomiting or diarrhoea you must not handle food until 48hours after symptoms have cleared.
Food safety is everyone responsibility
Food poisoning & micro-organisms-
Food Poisoning occurs when food has pathogenic growth present in large concentrations.
- Common causes of Food Poisoning
- 1- Preparation of food to far in advance.
- 2- Storing Raw food in the danger zone.
- 3- Incorrect Cooling of food.
- 4- Incorrect Re-heating of food.
- 5- Contamination of food.
- Temperature abuse of High risk Foods ( such as meats and dairy) causes increased risk of food poisoning.